Let’s face it, when your loved one is arrested, whether a family member or friend, it can turn your whole world upside down. Furthermore, if they need to post bail but cannot afford the amount set by a judge, then using a bail bond agent would be an ideal option. Furthermore, a bail bond agent is a professional who acts as a surety and pledges money as bail for the appearance of a criminal defendant in court during the hearing proceedings. From the filling of the required legal documents to financing your bail among other related legal matters, a bail bond agent will help you or your family member get out of jail in no time. However, selecting the best bail bond agent in Arapahoe is no cake walk, considering the fact that you have to take into consideration a number of factors before making the final decision.
Add to that, there are a slew of bail bond agents flooding the market today, which makes it harder to select the best one for you. Not to worry, read on to find out five signs of a reliable bail bond agent.
1. Available 24/7- Before choosing a bail bond agent, make sure you ask them whether they provide round the clock services. Moreover, round the clock availability is important because it’s possible that you will need their services or support outside of regular office hours. Besides, choosing a bail bond agent who operates 24 hours is crucial if you want to get out of the jail effortlessly and quickly.
2. Fees- Generally, reputable and licensed bail bond agents will charge 10%. Furthermore, if a bail bond agent charges less than this and they are overselling this aspect of the deal, beware. Moreover, low prices may indicate lack of experience and even scams. Don’t be tempted by low prices, there is a reason they are so much lower than the rest.
3. Reviews- One of the major factors that you need to take into account when choosing a bail bond agent is checking their reviews and testimonials. Furthermore, make sure you visit the bail bond agent’s website and go through their past clients’ reviews and testimonials. Furthermore, you can expect a few bad reviews for any bail bond service provider like any other business. So try to only choose an agent with mostly positive reviews.
4. Confidential service- When someone is charged with a crime, their reputation could take a hit regardless of whether or not there is a conviction. Furthermore, an experienced and trustworthy bail bond agent will understand this and maintain utmost discretion.
5. Payment options- Another major factor that you need to take into consideration when choosing a bail bond agent is making sure you ask about payment options. Furthermore, all good bail bond agents should be willing to work out a payment plan that works for you. Furthermore, make sure you fully understand the payment process, whether you are paying all at once or signing up for a payment plan.
While these were some of the signs of a reliable bail bond agent in Arapahoe, there are many others, such as knowledgeable, licensed, confidential service among many others.